Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cookie Cookie Cookie Jars!

SO, I have not been to any intersting sales as of late. Oh, I went out there but nothing has been awesome for weeks. This week, in fact, there were so many people out at yad sales that they were too picked through. Even for me. I usually can find treasures after everyone else has been to a sale. Not the last few weeks.

This week, I am showing off some cookie jars. The first one brings back memories for me. My mother died when I was 4 and one of the few things I do remember is her cookie jar. It looked just like the one below. I received this one as a wedding gift in 2005 when I married the love of my life, Eric.
These were made by a few different makers in the 60's The most sought after is California Potteries, this one was made in Japan but looks exactly the same. The next cookie jar I found a few years later at an estate sale and have not been able to find one like it. I think its a perfect companion to the one above.
The final cookie jar I found two weeks ago at the same yard sale as I found that old Madame Alexander Doll(sold on eBay finally) I bundled a bunch of stuff together and got a deal on the bundle. I want to list this on eBay next but have not found any that are similiar and this one looks more 1970's

I love the little elf, it is almost Keeblerish.. AVAILABLE

I can not resist showing off these adorable elephant teapot Salt and pepper shakers too.. These are going up for sale, because I don't collect them, but if they don't sell, they may go in my cabinet after all.

SOLD
If you see anything here you want let me know.. I can sell direct if you would like, or if you are searching for something specific, I can't promise Ill find it, but I will look!

No comments:

Post a Comment