Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hey, Dollface!

This week I found a yard sale where this woman had spent all week pulling boxes out of her basement from the previous owner. I pulled an "American Picker" trick and bundled a bunch of items together and gave her $20! I scored... if I can sell this stuff on eBay that is.. If not I will keep them for a try in the winter.

So, here is a 1958 Madame Alexander "Kathy" Doll in original dress, and with original pacifier. She is in such good shape, I swear if I didn't have the doodlebug with me, I might have found her shoes and socks and bonnet. But as it is, she is probably worth about $60, I have her for sale on eBay for much lower.  Maybe I'll get a bidding war? SOLD
I like finding 70's and 80's dolls too, like this Rainbow Brite and her horse. I sold these already but they were a great find. Older ladies at estate sales overlook 80's dolls thinking they are too new. Shhhhh we know better. SOLD

Then I found this great Tearful, Tender Love Doll from 1972 I think IN A BOX! I find probably one or two old toys in their original box a year, it is rare, usually the dealers who shop estate sales beat me to the good ones. I sold her as well already.  She was in awesome shape and had original accessories SOLD
Everybody loves Raggedy Ann it seems, and since they were created not far from where I live, I think there is an abundance of older dolls here, I find them cheap cheap cheap and make a lot out of them and sell them as a group. These were from the 40's or 50's if I remember correctly. SOLD

If you collect or are trying to find a certain old toy, doll, stuffed animal.. or item let me know. I love to track down items and it gives me something more to look for.

No comments:

Post a Comment